Roll up your own unique combination of tender roasted pork, cool citrus slaw, and spicy melted cheese in a warm corn tortilla. Serves 3-4.
- 1 (17 oz) pkg Charlie’s Pride Carnitas
- 1 cup (8 oz) creamy cole slaw (drained well)
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 (4 oz) can roasted green chiles (drained)
- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 thin sandwich-size slices of pepper jack cheese
- salad oil
- lettuce leaves
Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine drained slaw, juice concentrate and cilantro in a nonreactive bowl. Heat Charlie’s Pride Carnitas as per carton instructions (browned on the stovetop recommended). Place tortillas on a lightly oiled baking sheet then top each with one slice cheese. Place in top half of oven and bake until cheese melts (approx. 3 min). Serve Carnitas, slaw and green chiles on lettuce leaves alongside tortillas. Best enjoyed by rolling up some of each on a tortilla.